Where we're heading next:

Home Sweet Home

Quote of the Day

Peanut, "Wow, mom, now we can say we've been to all 50 states! What are we gonna do next?"

31 July 2008

Michigan - State #16

Link

We're in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan! It's dark now, but we were able to glimpse the most superior lake we've ever seen before the sun went down. The bummer is that the sun went down -- before we found our cabin -- so now we're lost.

Luckily these young men in a gas station chatted us up and offered to show us the way. It appears that people all over the Midwest are wonderfully helpful. Their mothers would be proud.

Scott's Superior Inn has 2 cabins right on the shores of Lake Superior and we have one of them. Lucky, lucky us. We were all preparing to go for a swim in the big lake that acts like a little ocean, when Doodle and Niece appeared with a bouquet of wild flowers!

We're here 3 nights and I can tell this is going to be swell!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Michigan! I found out about your site and journey through a kids craft site where I was getting information for a craft. I now check regularly to see where you and your family are headed and where you've been. I live in Michigan and I have never been to the U.P, well I have been across the bridge, but then right back over. I don't know if you have ever heard of The Pictured Rocks, but its suppose to be very pretty. (of course its a ways from where you are right now)
    I showed my son this site and he asked why we can't do that too. ;0)
    I told him that we can get ideas from places you travel where we may want to visit in the future, so that has pacified him for now.
    Have a fun and safe journey!

    ReplyDelete