Where we're heading next:

Home Sweet Home

Quote of the Day

Peanut, "Wow, mom, now we can say we've been to all 50 states! What are we gonna do next?"

27 May 2008

Another visit to E.R. in Nevada - State #8


Ta daaaa! Nevada is our final state of Road Trip #1! We did it!!

Las Vegas isn't our favorite place in the world -- the smut and expense gets old really fast, but we come here once a year to visit Tomcat's parents. They've been here a long time so we know this town pretty well. The kids do too apparently as they toss out comments like, "Yay! We get to go swimming!" and, "Mom, look at all those naked bums on that taxi!" We always stay at The Orleans which is off The Strip and close to Gram & Pop. It was too early to check in, so we headed straight to their place where we reunited with Tomcat. We hadn't seen him in 7 states -- since Oregon -- and we were all swarming him at once. One of Doodle's favorite cousins was there, too, and she was thrilled! Tay-Tay is a darling girl and we were all happy to see her.

Dropping off the kids and Grandma, I had a quick chat with Pop and off we went together. I visited the Spring Valley Hospital E.R. about 3 years ago after Little Man decided it'd be fun to stick his finger in my eye at a restaurant. This produced a wicked corneal abrasian. I still suffer from the darn thing, too, with what's called recurring erosion. Such is life. Now I found myself there again, with Pop, in the over-crowded, under-staffed E.R. waiting room while my eye oozed brown goo.

They asked me if anything could have blown in my eye in the past few days and I had to laugh. Soot in Durango? Dust in Canyon de Chelly? Breezy Slide Rock?
I was there about 3 hours, but fortunately, I got to watch Clueless while waiting in the 2nd waiting room (with all the bloody and moaning people). Sure enough, I have another scratch in the same eye with conjunctivitis to boot.

Luckily, I'm done driving for a few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment