Where we're heading next:

Home Sweet Home

Quote of the Day

Peanut, "Wow, mom, now we can say we've been to all 50 states! What are we gonna do next?"

27 July 2008

Minnesota -- State #14






Eight hours later we arrived in Minneapolis. We literally had to hike through a marsh to get to the welcome sign and rather than complain, the kids were thrilled to finally get their hands on some cattails. The real thrill, however, was that Tomcat was waiting for us!

I thought Doodle was going to combust in her seat. He’d arrived a couple of hours earlier, checked us into our hotel, and then met us at the Sculpture Garden. Peanut has a postcard with “Spoonbridge and Cherry” from my first visit here when she was wee. My friend who first brought me here still lives here, but is out of town right now. Pits! This is one of my favorite art locales – home to two Calder pieces – and I adore Alexander Calder.

Across the street was “Walker on the Green” a really small, kid-friendly and not overwhelming Miniature Golf. I highly recommend this for any of you with budding environmentalists. So clever and effective, these artists!

Night was falling as we reached our hotel. Peanut was grumpy when we arrived because she wasn't finished counting all the skywalks!

3 comments:

  1. Gang -

    I saw your MDX in the parking garage this morning (I am an MDX driver and parked 6x vehicles down from you), complete with your blog address. I was intrigued and had to drop a note.

    First, well done on your family journey - what a fabulous experience together, great stories, pictures and lifelong experiences.

    Second, you are very welcome to Minnesota, albeit it is a bit on the humid side right now.

    If you do receive this e-mail, please do contact me at terry(dot)macvey(at)mac(dot)com. It looks like you've not yet traveled through WI, IA (my homestate). I'm assuming you've pre-determined plans, but I do have some suggestions that might be along your way.

    Safe and happy travels to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you guys are having so much fun. I was just about to call Tom Cat and ask him over for dinner, but I'm happy to see he is with his beautiful family!

    Tom Cat, give us a call when you get home, we would love to have you over for a meal

    The Varmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting caught up on your recent travels. Some pretty funny stuff. What a great adventure for your family and this blog will be such a treasure. I love that you got a ticket and had the cop pose for a picture.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete