Where we're heading next:

Home Sweet Home

Quote of the Day

Peanut, "Wow, mom, now we can say we've been to all 50 states! What are we gonna do next?"

27 July 2008

Farmer Boy's N.D. Post









Here is Little Man's post in his own words. I separated it into paragraphs though.

"I went hiking and we hiked inside of a cloud in Montana. And I got a Native American hat. I’ll show it to you when I get back. It has giant feathers in the front and leather in the back to keep it on. In the front where the feathers are, it’s so beautiful.

I like North Dakota because this Lodge was FUN. I liked playing with the little boy. He just became my friend at the Lodge. We went down to Spider Rock – it’s really not but we called it that – because we played Spider Man. And Doodle played Spider Woman on the rock with us.

There were such beautiful sunsets – too beautiful that I’m gonna die – but they really were so beautiful. I drove a tractor. It was so so fun. There was a gas pedal that you pushed that made you go and there was a shift in the middle. When you put it into the middle it made you stop. When you put it in the front it made you go very slow and when you put it in the very back it made you go so so fast and you could go up the hill with it. And there was a red triangle thing on the back that had a gas pump on it, and when you twisted it, it gave the tractor more power.

When B&B Son took us around on the golf cart we hiked in The Little Badlands. That’s when we hiked on the cliff and there were these tiny, tiny cactuses. They were so little and they were huge. That’s when I got the thorns. We hiked down a real cliff and I was so careful, but I got cactus needles in my hand; we pulled them out and I wasn’t even crying.

At the fair, I got a Park Ranger backpack kit that has stamps, magnifying glass, backpack, Ranger badge, 2 books, a compass and the best thing are Ranger binoculars! I learned so much. There was a movie about Native Americans when they used to live out in the Great Plains. They lived in Earth Lodges and we got to go in one. They smelled so stinky but that’s what they lived in. It doesn’t matter because we’re all different.

I feel wonderful and I like this state better than any of the others. And I like Canada as much as this one, but Canada is a country, you know. When we go to a state we don’t have to show our passports and when we go to a country we do.

That’s it!" ("Mom, did you actually put, 'That's It?', because I want you to.")

No comments:

Post a Comment