Where we're heading next:

Home Sweet Home

Quote of the Day

Peanut, "Wow, mom, now we can say we've been to all 50 states! What are we gonna do next?"

17 April 2009

California - Take Two




Our last attempt at seeing California involved a picture under the state sign followed by a quick walk in the Mojave Desert with a locally made bag of jerky. The emergency room in Las Vegas was calling my name -- darn infected eye -- and that was the end of exploring one of the most diverse states in our

country.

So we're going to try this again!

It's been a decade since I was in San Francisco (45 years for Grandma!), and with kids in tow it was an unrecognizable city. So seedy. It took me a while to figure out the secretive game Little Man and Peanut were playing: Count the Homeless People.

Needless to say, o
ur first day left me wondering why I chose the Golden Gate Bridge over the La Brea Tar Pits.




1 comment:

  1. La Brea is with all the dinosaurs and other fossils, yes? Slugger and I have read all about that!

    ReplyDelete