Where we're heading next:

Home Sweet Home

Quote of the Day

Peanut, "Wow, mom, now we can say we've been to all 50 states! What are we gonna do next?"

30 September 2008

University at Albany



When the dentist back home asked Peanut what she wanted to see the most on our upcoming Road Trip she replied, “I get to see the university where my mom and dad went.” Seriously. University at Albany beat Niagara Falls, New York City and all the farms as far as her expectations went!

We didn’t even have the stereotypical university experience – no dorms, no partying; we were slightly older, married and we’d both already had lives (debt). I cringe when I consider those few semesters where I took the maximum 18 credits, while working full-time, just so save money and avoid more loans. Ugh..

We still managed to enjoy learning, freezing as it was in the winter. In fact, the UAlbany campus has a series of underground tunnels connecting all the buildings. You can literally manage an entire day of classes without ever going outside. Pretty clever, and Peanut couldn’t wait to be a burrowing mole.

After a visit to the Campus Bookstore where I let them choose a new notebook, we were off to find one of the tunnels. School was out for Yom Kippur, so the tunnels were deserted. I let them run wild and they thought it was the coolest thing ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment